Friday, January 27, 2012

Lab 2

This past Wednesday  I visited St. Mary's for my second lab. I felt that my experience was even better than the first time. I felt more comfortable interacting with the kids. I wasn't as scarred to engage in games with the students and help point them in the right direction as far as rules of the games. I was primarily with the older group of kids this past lab, we played board games and built what we could with the Lego's which the kids really enjoyed down in the cafeteria. One of the biggest things I learned working the kid is that there not always going to want to play your game at the beginning, and its not they they don't like it , it's just kids being kids rebelling once they see how fun the games are they usually jumped right in. I didn't lead any games but I observed our TA's lead games and it gave me a better visual of how I should go about teaching my games. I believe that the overall experience of our second lab was a success and I'm excited about our next opportunity to meet.

No comments:

Post a Comment